Sunday, February 5, 2012

This Is How to Break the Rules

Neon and....nude.  I know, it doesn't really make sense.  It's like putting fluorescent paint on a brown paper bag and calling it art.  But for some reason I have to urge to pair such an unlikely duo, it really makes the ugly, plainness of a neutral pop.  Yes I am already wearing a color that blends into my skin, the neon is just there to reassure everyone watching that I'm not solely rocking my birthday suit.  Bring the kleenex for another fashion rule is yet to be abolished, almost as bad as wearing black and blue together....or white after labor day (all rules that which I've broken, someone call the fashion police).  Check out some of the designers who decided this combination was a good idea for Spring 2012...

Jaeger London

J. Crew

J. Mendel


Felipe Oliveira Baptista


Images via style.com

If you want to commit this deadly style crime yourself, here are a few options that would make a great awful pairing...
Clear Jelly Boston Bag, $18.99, Amazon.com

A neon, jelly purse, ahh takes me back to those wonderful jellies you used to put on your feet,
                                  Clear Jelly Satchel Bag, $17.99 at Amazon.com


Burberry Classic Trench $You don't want to know.00
Oh Louis Vuitton, you stole my heart once again.

There you have it, a how to clash in a very expensive way.  And if no one likes it, you didn't hear this from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment