Sunday, February 26, 2012

Get Your Geek On

What goes with pocket protectors, nose bleeds, and straight A's on every midterm?  How about some thick rimmed, ridiculously nerdy glasses?  These are surprisingly on trend, though I would ditch the other factors that might accompany such a geeky look.  Personally, I've never had the need to wear glasses but have ALWAYS been secretly jealous of those near-sighted, far-sighted, or no sighted ones, you lucky blind dogs, you.  You get to spend hundreds of dollars on some fancy frames that can express your style, whether that being a nerd, design major, or just straight up hipster (whatever that is, anyway).  I am no longer afraid to be judged by my poser-like attraction to being blind, I will fully embrace it.  Hopefully no one will try them on and see what a liar I really am... Now pretending to need glasses when I actually don't, I would say that's pretty badass. 



Even the Biebs jumped on this bandwagon, but err, maybe he should stick to coloring books or playing with his toy trucks instead.



Check out this chick's hair!  I'm waay too jealous, should I bring on that Koolaid hurr dye to my own locks, gurl?


Cool rims, dude.  You creepy Morgan Freeman lookalike.


I say there should be some actual glasses like this...I mean wouldn't you wear them?


I found these crazy steampunk glasses on etsty, for way to much money than they are worth.  What the hell is steampunk anyways? I'll google it and get back to you.


I know I've mentioned 80's purple before, but they are way too ridiculously amazing not to.  Here's two of my favorites below. Yeah, it may be a little pricey, but I mean, what else are you going to spend your hard earned cash on other than fake eyewear?  You little liar, you.
80's Purple 
Geek $85
wayfarer optical frame rad09 (gray clear) $65

So what do you think of lying to society through non-prescription eyewear? Yay or nay?

1 comment:

  1. Wow those nerdy glasses are truly becoming the latest trend in designer eye ware! The black-framed glasses are an extraordinary trend that should hopefully stay in style for some time to come. Clearly, the publisher of this blog knows what s/he is talking about.

    ReplyDelete