Monday, March 19, 2012

Wrap It Up

Ah, summer is upon us.  Well, March is close enough right?  So we may still have three more months until that perfect tan can be achieved, but that doesn't mean we can't pretend.  In honor of our current mirage of summer, I wanted to share one of my favorite DIY's to get ya in that vitamin D, on acid, kind of mood.  This necklace replicates an accessory from the BEST designer brand ever, Proenza Schouler (yeah its pronounced, Shoo-ler.  Reminds me of the time I went to the mall and asked where the Juicy CULTURE store was, granted I was only eleven...even had expensive taste then).  These accesories give off a tribal-esque feel, which was very, errrm.....last summer.  But feel free to kick it up a notch with some neon, you will then bring it a whole year ahead (yeah, fashion REALLY changes that much, do note the sarcasm...)!  This featured DIY comes from the best blog ever (I seem a little biased in this post, eh?) Honestly...WTF (I appreciate the highly unnecessarily crude title).  They also have some pretty sweet friendship bracelets punked up with hardware.  If it was me, I would add spikes.      


Proenza Schouler necklace, see the tutorial HERE


Here is my version of the necklace, no neon, that must mean that I am SO last season...



Don't mess with this face.



Show your true friendship in more of a traditional, elementary school way with a bracelet covered in hardware!  You will have hundreds of Facebook requests every day with someone hoping to receive one of these beauties from you!  This would be an easy MIB, just take your granny's old golden chain necklace and start tying some embroidery floss around it....aaand your done.  Pretty simple.




Honestly...WTF has a more recently posted tutorial for the above bracelet, click HERE for the how-to

No comments:

Post a Comment