Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fringe Binge

Tassels have a variety of uses, like decorating the ends of your grandmother's throw pillows, graduating kindergarten (I hope you made it that far), warrior tassels (definitely see the picture below for that one), and gluing them in suggestive places for no real reason.  I wasn't planning on DIY'ing that last option, you can visit Brazil for that one.  


Congrats, you completed one year of school, only twenty more to go!


This is what graduation must be like in the south...or it's what he wore when he went to marry his cousin.


Don't mess with someone wearing pink tassels, you could get hurt.


Errr...this was the suggestive part I was talking about...


Well, I found a much more practical way to use those tassels.  Here is your weekly MIB for ya, in only a couple minutes you will have some awesome tassel earrings!

Here is what you'll need:
  • Earring backings (you can use the fish hook style or stud backings)
  • Two buttons, beads, or anything necessary to bling that shit up
  • Two tassels
  • Wire
  • Pliers
  • Hot glue gun & glue 
  • Paint if so desired





Step 1) Begin by bending the wire into a ring, looping it around the backing and through the tassel string.  You can also just bend a jump ring if you want life to be a tad easier.


Step 2) Bend and close around the backing and tassel to attach the two together.  Wow, you're already almost there!  Told you it was easy.


Step 3) Then hot glue the button or bead to the top of the tassel, a button is nice to use because of the flat backing and the protruding hole provides something for the glue to hold on to.  If you use a bead, I recommend that is has a flat back or to use wire in case glue isn't enough to keep it in place.


Step 4)  Remove the plastic cover from the tassel.


And there are your stylish earrings! Feel free to elaborate with cooler colors, mine are pretty lame.  At least they'll match everything, right?


It's modeling time.




Step 5) Mess up the earrings.  So, the plain color just wasn't cuttin' it for me, so I went a little overboard with the paint.  And since I'm currently obsessed with neon, lets paint it.  In two colors. Well, you can decide which you like better....





BEFORE:

AFTER:

And more news, I might have gone a little too far with online shopping.  I mean, how can you not?  You pick something out online that looks perfect, enter your credit card number and it feels like your using magic money that doesn't really exist (until the next time you check your bank account balance).  Anyways, I unfortunately let myself buy another nail ring, but it was only a dollar!  This one reminds me of a cat or tiger, probably 'cause I'm so fierce. MEOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment