Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Snapshot: Knowledge Is Power

It's not hard to be aware of what New York is known for......their fashion, duh!  My day was open and I stumbled on a link for "Mike's" tours of the garment district in Midtown Manhattan.  I was interested, especially by the price (which was nothing at all) and set out for my next GREAT adventure.  We met by the statue below and were then led by an energetic and sarcastic man, at least in his seventies, around the area.  He explained historical details explaining everything from the state flag to the pavement, most of which pertaining to fashion.  Unfortunately it was a Sunday, therefore we couldn't venture into areas in which the tour usually took place; Mood fabrics, fashion showrooms, and factories.  I would definitely take this tour again during the week and experience everything it has to offer!






No comments:

Post a Comment