Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Let's Wear America

It's been ages but it's finally time to reward my hard reading followers with a much deserved DIY/ MIB though it's a little after the national holiday....oh well, it can be a reflection of this festive occasion.  And what better way to celebrate than to wear the American national colors with pride all over the front and back of the lower torso?  I've noticed a trend in distressed and trash denim and decided it was time to follow the crowd.  

Supplies:
  • Old shorts (Levi's, etc)
  • American Flag bandana
  • Sewing Supplies
  • Studs/ Spikes if desired




Step 1: Outline and cut out a pattern for the front panels of your shorts.  Cut out one from the stars and one from the stripes.


Step 2: Sew on the front panels you cut out, check out my sloppy hand stitching...don't let it represent what I do in design school!


Step 3: Cut and sew on the back panel, I thought I would be creative and sew it on AROUND the pocket, what a stellar choice I must say.  On the right pocket I covered it with the star fabric for a little extra pizzaz :) I had also bought some studs to badass it up until I realized I didn't have any pliers to put them in with, the one problem I'm having without being at home...



And that should complete your fourth of July outfit! Looking pretty fine I must say...don't let the holiday be the only day to show off these babies!






My fireworks from an apartment rooftop!



No comments:

Post a Comment